Unit Testing SharePoint applications without a SharePoint server can only be done with Typemock Isolator.
The Microsoft Patterns and Practices team have recommended using Isolator for Unit Testing a Microsoft SharePoint application.
“Typemock Isolator is a great way to open up the world of unit testing
to SharePoint developers. Unit testing SharePoint applications is an
important part of our soon to be released P&P SharePoint Guidance
and Typemock Isolator is integral to our unit testing guidance.”
Ajoy Krishnamoorthy, Lead Product Planner for Patterns & Practices,
Developer Division at Microsoft
Isolator for SharePoint includes all the features and capabilities of Typemock Isolator, but is specifically designed to unit test SharePoint applications and can only fake SharePoint objects.
Watch the Webinar with step by step instructions and examples on how to unit test SharePoint applications
- Download a zip file with a Presentation on how to unit test SharePoint with Typemock Isolator and Sharepoint and Code examples.
- Download the Webinar movie file to your PC – in HQ
- Microsoft Patterns and Practices SharePoint Guide – Using Microsoft SharePoint
- Typemock SharePoint wrapper – open source, by Carlos Segura
- Unit testing Microsoft SharePoint 2007 applications – Francis K. Cheung blog
- SharePoint Guidance– How to build SharePoint Applications
- Unit Test SharePoint – Into Object Model– Whitepaper – unit testing SharePoint
- Guide to Test-Driven Web Part Development– Unit Testing SharePoint Solutions
- Mock object approach to unit testing – From Microsoft P&P.
Want a specific video tutorial? Add a resource to the list? Stop by the forums, and let us know!